[pde-dev] Two models for BuildProperties Editor?

Hi newsgroup,

while developing a MultiForm editor with one source page and one form page, I discovered that the BuildProperties editor from the PDE seemed to be an excellent starting point.

Therefore I copied the org.eclipse.pde.* plugins and deconstructed them. Thus only the BuildProperties editor is remaining, and certainly the whole abstract and interface stuff...
Now I want to slightly change the model in the pde.core plugin.

Can anyone tell me, why there are two implementations for each of the interfaces IBuildModel, IBuild and IBuildEntry?
It seems to me that one implementation has to handle some text related stuff, but what is the other implementation doing?

Further on I made Build and BuildEntry from the package org.eclipse.internal.core.text.build extend BuildObject and deleted the non-text-related implementation. And hey, everything is still working, or have I missed something!?

Please help, Andreas

Back to the top