[pde-dev] Request for mentor eclipse plug-in for googe soc

Hi ,

 I want to commend the Eclipse community for getting involved with Google's Summer of Code. I have chosen to write an Eclipse plug-in to integrate with the Online Marking Tool (OLM) https://www.drproject.org/olm/wiki/OLMSoC2007.

The Online Marking Tool is a web-based application developed to help graders mark code submitted by lower-year Computer Science students. It displays all the information needed to mark an assignment effectively and supports easy migration of data in XML format. The aim is to replicate OLM's user interface in eclipse so that graders and students can see and comment on code through it as well as through a browser.

 I'm a computer science and engineering student (and an open-source enthusiast) who specializes in general development around the Eclipse platform. I also have a keen interest around SWT widget developing. I was a member of Mozart widget development( for IBM ) team during my internship. I participated on developing menu bar, menu, progress bar, link controls on top of SWT architecture. Another interest of mine is how corporations and its employees should interact with the open source community to ensure effective communication.

I am studying at faculty of engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka which is the best university of Sri Lanka. I have already submited a proposal based on this idea for the summer of code 2007. Please be kind to reply comments on this. I hope someone will take me on.

Thank you in advance,

Tharaka Roshan Pathberiya

Back to the top