Re: [pde-dev] Is it possible to copy a file to to eclipse_home\default folder as a part of plug-in installation ?

You might want to check into an InstallHandler.  I am not overly familiar with them, but had to use them once before.  As I understand it, an InstallHandler allows you to run custom code upon installation of your features/plugins.  You might be able to get more information on InstallHandlers and other ideas, from the update developers mailing list (platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx).

Brian Bauman
    IBM Software Group - Austin, TX
    Eclipse Committer
    baumanbr@xxxxxxxxxx
    (512) 838 -2938 (T/L 678-2938)

"Nalaka Gamage" <NGamage@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: pde-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/05/2006 11:07 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse PDE general developers list." <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
pde-build-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
[pde-dev] Is it possible to copy a file to to eclipse_home\default        folder as a part of plug-in installation ?

Hi All,
I have a requirement that, when my plug-in is installed (using eclipse install/update UI) I need to copy a file called myConfig.ini (which reside in my plug-in itself)  file to eclipse_home\default folder.
Is this sort of file copying possible with eclipse plug-in. If so can you help me how to do that?

Regards,
pde-dev mailing list
pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx