[pde-dev] Advice reqd. for creating a framework with plug-in

Friends,

Not sure if this is the right forum to post my request. please redirect me to the correct forum accordingly.

I  am required to develop a framework (similar to eclipse framework), but with a different GUI. The framework should support load/unload of plugins.

I am very new to eclipse framework and related stuff. I am looking at the following projects:
* Java Plugin Framework (http://jpf.sourceforge.net/)
* Eclipse RCP
* Eclipse Equinox

I am very new to these projects. I would like to know which one of these projects will suit my requirement. Please advice!!

One more query:
Is there a way to download the eclipse core alone and write our own GUI with Eclipse platform? We are looking at swing based GUI.

Thanks in advance.

-- Navanee

Back to the top