Re: [pde-dev] Re: TreeViewer filter

Hi,

I still haven't figured this out yet. I think the best way however is to first create a list of all directly applying objects, and then ask the real SWT Tree (in my case not the viewer, because my domain model does not match the tree directly, all my objects have multiple arents) to get all parents and all children for all TreeItems whicg have as data object the objects in this first list and add those as well. Sadly I haven't had time to finish this.

Regards,
Leen

On 1/3/06, Mark Waters <markpwaters@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Leen Toelen <toelen@...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a small problem concerning a ViewerFilter. I have a quite large
> tree (around 10.000 elements in it) showing a file system, and I would
> like to filter this using the inut of a Text field. The only problem
> is that for every matching Object (select() = true), I would also need
> all of the elements parents, and all of its children. So if I am
> looking for "myfilter" I need all files/folders with this string, but
> also the full path to the root, AND all files and subfolders of a
> folder matching the filter.
> Leen Toelen

Hey Leen
Was wondering if you ever got a reply or figured out a solution for this problem
- Ive a very similar issue and was hoping there may be a 'standard-ish' approach
available

Thanks
Mk.