[pde-dev] Updating a plugin

Hi,

I am writing an eclipse plugin that needs to check if it is the latest
version and then update itself. I could use an update site, but the
API for using the updating programmatically is a bit obscure. So I do
the checking myself now. I have the location of the latest version
(the jar file of the plugin). How can I say now to update the plugin?
When I do Bundle.update(FileInputStream) I get a State Exception. Is
is even possible to update a running plugin?

Regards,
Leen Toelen

Back to the top