[pde-dev] the relationship among these classes

Hi, all,

Can anyone simply describe the relationship among subclasses of ViewPart, Viewer, and Widgets.

As far as I know now, a ViewPart hold a reference to a Viewer, and a ViewPart instantiate a view with a Widget, but no further methods invocation to this instance. In that way, how can the Viewer interact with users?

Besides, I believe that PDE uses MVC framework widely, and the getControl method in Viewer make me think that the corresponding Widget would be the Control role, what do you said? If not, what is respectively the Model, View and Control?

Can anyone give a hint about how to get some materials for the PDE classes, which I think would be helpful to my understanding of the PDE framework.

Thanks & best regards,

Stone

Back to the top