Re: [pde-dev] Automatically update plugin

Hi,

it's for an in-house project using a database. So it is best that
everyone is using the same version all the time. I think forcing this
in the plugin is the best way.

I don't have problems getting the manual update to work, but I don't
know what code to put in the startup method. Right now I have:

	private void launchInBackground() {
		try {
			// Downloads the feature content in the background.
			// The job listener will then install the feature when download is
			// finished.

			UpdateSearchScope scope = new UpdateSearchScope();
			scope.addSearchSite("com.company.feature", new URL(
					"http://url/updatesite/";), null);

			UpdateSearchRequest searchRequest = new UpdateSearchRequest(
					new SiteSearchCategory(), new UpdateSearchScope());
			searchRequest.addFilter(new BackLevelFilter());
			searchRequest.setScope(scope);

			UpdateJob job = new UpdateJob("Updating Lims", searchRequest);
			job.setUser(true);
			job.setPriority(Job.INTERACTIVE);

			new InstallWizardOperation().run(
					UpdateUI.getActiveWorkbenchShell(), job);
		} catch (Exception e) {
			LimsPlugin.log(e);
		}
	}

This works OK when an update is available (it still asks whether or
not to install), but gives an error when no update is available.

Regards,
Leen