[pde-dev] java.io.IOException: An error occurred while locking file in the log file

Hi!
I'm using eclipse3.0.1 in HP-UX.  I'm launching eclipse as follows:
"eclipse -vmargs -XdoCloseWithReadPending".

I get the following error  java.io.IOException: An error occurred while
locking file in the log file.

Snippet of the log file is attached below:

!SESSION Oct 27, 2004 14:17:36.442
eclipse.buildId=M200409161125
java.version=1.4.1.00
java.vendor=Hewlett-Packard Co.
BootLoader constants: OS=hpux, ARCH=PA_RISC, WS=motif, NL=en

!ENTRY
initial@reference:file:/home/roopam/eclipse/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.0.1
/ 0 0 Oct 27, 2004 14:17:36.491
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent.ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator.start() of bundle
org.eclips
e.core.runtime.
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:975)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:937)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:421)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:366)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:999)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:577)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:488)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:273)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:444)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:186)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventThread.run(EventThread.java:104)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: An error occurred while locking file
"/home/roopam/eclipse/eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.core
.runtime/.manager/.fileTableLock": "Invalid argument". A probably reason is
that the file system or Runtime Environment does not
support file locking. You may want to choose a different location, or
disable file locking (using the osgi.locking property), but
 this can cause data corruption.

Can anyone tell me how can it be solved?

Rgds,
Roopa

Back to the top