Re: [pde-dev] XML Parsers: emotional problems?

real quick, i don't think this is the place for those types of questions. this is for developing the PDE tool, not developing plugins with it. the news groups are more what you need. but, the answer to your question is: classloaders. here is what worked for me:

Digester digester = new Digester();
digester.setClassLoader(this.getClass().getClassLoader());

you may want to get a reference to the digester's original class loader and set the digester's class loader back when you are done. not sure if it is needed, but i like to leave things the way i found them. maybe i'm just paranoid from the Graphics object in swing ;)

Arthur Casals wrote:

Hello,

I´m writing a Eclipse plugin, and it needs a XML parser... the problem: whenever I try to use JDOM or Xerces, I get the same error:

(snip)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 Sep 10, 2004 03:32:42.515
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 Sep 10, 2004 03:32:42.515
!MESSAGE org/apache/xerces/parsers/DOMParser
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xerces/parsers/DOMParser

(snip)

That´s one from using Xerces. If I try to use JDOM, the second message is the only diff (org/jdom/Component, for example). But, if I try using DOM4J... well, it just works.

Does anyone know anything about it?  :)

Regards,

Arthur Casals