[pde-dev] Plugin conflicting with tomcat plugin's digester

Good evening everyone,

I'm having a problem with my plugin wanting to use the (jakarta commons) digester, but it appears that the digester from the tomcat plugin is being loaded first. If I run my code in it's own main() it works fine, when I run it as part of an RCP app, the digester fails to find my classes. After comparing class loaders it appears that the tomcat class loader and the digester class loader are the same, which is different than the class loader for my plugin. When I try using this technique:

Thread cur = Thread.currentThread();
ClassLoader save = cur.getContextClassLoader();
cur.setContextClassLoader(getClass().getClassLoader());
try {
 // call digester code here
} finally {
 cur.setContextClassLoader(save);
}

I get the following error:

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@1cd280b for org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

Does anyone know how I can get my version of the digester available to my plugin and not try to use the tomcat version of the digester? Is this similar to the Xerces problem? Thanks for any advice.

Adam

Back to the top