[pde-dev] Plugin packaging problem

Title: Plugin packaging problem

Hello,

I am trying to package my plug-in for external use for I am having problems running it in the main eclipse environment. I believe the problem is with the two external jars that I need to have included with the plug-in. When I run the plug-in, the error in the log file points to the fact that eclipe can't find the classes that are in the external jar files. Below is the section of my plugin.xml describing the runtime libraries needed. the gme.jar is my plugin's jar, the other two are the ones that are apparently not recognized.

  <runtime>
      <library name="sdrc_es.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="sdrc_evista.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
      <library name="gme.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
   </runtime>
   <requires>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.core.resources"/>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.ui"/>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.core.runtime"/>
   </requires>

I am able to run the plug-in in the runtime environment, and build appropriately with the two external jars files, the only problem I have is running it. I can't seem to figure out how to get the plugin to recognize the jars when the plugin is loaded directly into the plugins directory. I have tried copying the two jars files into the plugin directory, and I have tried jaring up all three into one gme.jar file. Neither idea works.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Bob

Back to the top