From: Jed Anderson [mailto:Jed_Anderson@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, December 21, 2002 5:07 AM
To: pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [pde-dev] Including an external JAR with plug-in

Bob,

The JDT allows you to put external jars on your build path, but Eclipse
requires that all jars that you utilize be contained in your plugin's
folder.  Your plugin.xml also must define this jar in a runtime tag (see
example below).  If you envision sharing a particular jar among many
plugins, you can create one plugin that declares (& exports) the jar, and
then other plugins can require that plugin (rather than the jar directly).

It's 5:38pm on Dec. 20th and I'm the last one in my office until next year.
I hope I've been clear :P.

jkca

  <runtime>
     <library name="MyJar.jar">
           <export name="*"/>
     </library>
  </runtime>

"Donovan, Bob" <bob.donovan@eds To: <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> .com> cc: Sent by: Subject: [pde-dev] Including an external JAR with plug-in pde-dev-admin@ec lipse.org 12/20/2002 05:09 PM Please respond to pde-dev

Hi,

I am building a plug-in that references classes in an external JAR. I have
included the external JAR in the buildpath of the preferences dialog. But
when I run the runtime workspace, the plug-in fails to load with the
following error:

"Problems Showing View"
An error has occured while restoring the view.
com.example.example1.views.Example1View.

I have isolated it to the fact that it breaks when the view trys to
reference a java class that is using classes in the external jar.

I am not sure what the problem is, but I am assuming that I need to somehow
get my external jar files included with the runtime workspace, or added to
the classpath for the runtime workspace. The problem is that I can't find
anywhere to do this? I guess I am not doing the correct thing?

Does anyone know what I need to do?

Thanks, Bob

"THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY ATTACHMENTS IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE ADDRESSEE and may contain confidential and privileged information.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is strictly Prohibited. If you have received this message by error, please notify us immediately, return the original mail to the sender and delete the message from your system."