[pde-dev] Extending a plug-in

Hi,

I have a feature that I integrated to a non-extendable plug-in. I want to
extend an existence plug-in by adding extension points to it. The idea is to
remove my feature from this plug-in and build another plug-in contains my
feature. Since I am a newer in the world of Eclipse,   I have some questions:

1) Is it possible to have a plug-in that provides two or more extension points?

2) Is it true to say that each extension point is a Java Interface defined in
one plug-in and this interface is implemented by another extended plug-in?( is
this a restrict role?)

3) If the case 2 is true, then I need to do a reveres-engineering for the non-
extendable plug-in to find out which classes be reversed to interface and
declare them in my
plug-in declaration file. Does this make sense?

4) What are the hidden issues in designing an extension points for a non-
extendable plug-in that I should consider? I know the process of declaring an
extension point, but I want to know if there is anything else that I should
consider while I am trying to extend an plug-in.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--Bahman