[pde-dev] Problems with self hosting

Hello,

I am trying to run a plugin in the runtime workbench and not having any
success. I have set up the eclipse workbench (and followed the pde setup
guide) from scratch and created the standard "hello, world" plugin through
the wizard interface. It compiles fine, but when I go to run it in the
runtime workbench, I get the following error:

java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
org/eclipse/core/internal/plugins/PluginParser, method: <init> signature:
(Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime/model/Factory;)V) Incompatible object argument
for method call
     at
org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.RegistryLoader.processManifestFile(RegistryLoader.java:89)
     at
org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.RegistryLoader.processPluginPathFile(RegistryLoader.java:136)
     at
org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.RegistryLoader.processPluginPathEntry(RegistryLoader.java:127)
     at
org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.RegistryLoader.processManifestFiles(RegistryLoader.java:104)
     at
org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.RegistryLoader.parseRegistry(RegistryLoader.java:63)
     at
org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.RegistryLoader.parseRegistry(RegistryLoader.java:71)
     at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.parsePlugins(InternalPlatform.java:726)
     at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.loadRegistry(InternalPlatform.java:675)
     at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.loaderStartup(InternalPlatform.java:561)
     at
org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.startup(InternalBootLoader.java:909)
     at
org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:768)
     at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:432)
     at EclipseRuntimeLauncher.main(EclipseRuntimeLauncher.java:24)
Exception in thread "main"

I have created other java applications and they compile and run fine. I
could not find any other problems similar to this in bugzilla or in the
newsgroups. I am using the IBM jdk1.3 for windows.

Regards,

Aaron

information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.