[pde-dev] How to present 'transient' information using a plugin

Hi,

I have recently started looking into developing a plugin. I understand the purpose of views and editors, in respect of presenting information about a resource.

However, if when a user is performing an operation within an editor, the result of the operation needs to be presented - such as a graph of results, how should this transient information be displayed - a view? Can the editor dynamically cause a new view to be added to the user's perspective?

Or is the suggested approach that a new independent frame be displayed?

If there is a document discussing this type of behaviour for a plugin, or any relevant examples, I would appreciate any references/pointers.

Thanks in advance
Gary Brown

Back to the top