[paho-dev] Java client service release 1.2.1

Hi All,

I've created a service release of the Java client, 1.2.1, which contains fixes for many issues.  Some idea can be gleaned from this list: https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.java/milestone/2. Any problems or questions, please let me know.

In particular, I reverted the threading model to that which was used previously, except in the case that an external thread pool (like in J2EE) is provided.

There are some other fixes or enhancements which I wanted to include, but I decided to allocate to a 1.2.2 release (https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.java/milestone/7) so I could get this one out as it's long overdue.

In parallel, I've been working on the Vert.x implementation of the MQTT V5 client, in the vertx branch.  All the tests that existed for V5 now pass, but there are many missing before I would be happy to release it.  I encourage anyone interested to take a look and give feedback.

I do have to take some unused vacation now, so I'm not sure about the exact schedule of 1.2.2 and 1.3 :-)

--
Ian Craggs
Eclipse Paho Project Lead & Mosquitto Committer

Back to the top