Re: [paho-dev] Thoughts on help for Eclipse Paho

Hi Ian,

that was a good article! I think it raises some good thoughts there: on one hand, being a committer must be taken as a serious commitment to the project and to the community. On the other hand, the projects need to encourage and nurture the creation of a community for itself.

One thing that I wish projects would do more is to guide better how newcomers can contribute. One thing that I always find it challenging when I am contributing to projects is finding the right issue/feature where to start. Sometimes, I do it because I need that feature or fix ... Other times, though, it's because I believe in that project and I want that project to succeed.

So, one idea in this regard would be to categorize features and bugs that are easy for new contributors. A contribution guide for the project can be helpful too.