[paho-dev] MQTT with SSL

Hi,

I've built the static libraries using the instructions in the README as follows:

Created a directory outside of the git repo called pahoMQTT

Inside the new directory I called:
cmake -DPAHO_WITH_SSL=TRUE -DPAHO_BUILD_STATIC ../pahoMQTT

Build files were created fine; I grep'ed for OPENSSL and saw that it was being defined in the .make files

Ran make which created the libraries.

In my program, when I call MQTTClient_create pointing to an ssl:// URI it returns -14 (MQTTCLIENT_BAD_PROTOCOL). So I looked this up in the src files and it looks it would only return that if either the URI doesn't have ssl in it or if OPENSSL is not defined.

Am I missing something else when I either create the libraries or compile my program?

Thanks,

Philip

Back to the top