[paho-dev] Plan to archive some Java client sub-projects

Hi everyone,

It's become evident over the past few years that a number of the Paho Java client's sub projects are no longer fit for purpose / may be out of date / unused / have better alternatives available. As such, I'm proposing that we archive a few of them to a separate branch in the Java repository (https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.java/issues/546).

The goal of this would be to allow developers to still be able to access the source code if they choose to use it, but to no longer build and release any binaries of these utilities in each release.

I'd welcome your thoughts on this, so please drop a comment in the issue above!

Kind regards,

James Sutton
Software Engineer - IoT Foundation - MQTT Open Source Projects
Ops Team - Wimbledon Project

Phone: 01962 815438 | Extension: x372454
E-mail:
Personal Website: www.jsutton.co.uk
Find me on:
IBM

Hursley Park
HursleySO212JN
United Kingdom

IBM United Kingdom Limited Registered in England and Wales with number 741598 Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU
Unless stated otherwise above: