Re: [paho-dev] Python MQTT native vs. as binding

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 01, 2017 at 02:46:11PM +0100, Benjamin Cabé wrote:

> I would be curious to know if people have experience with SWIG? http://www.swig.org/ <http://www.swig.org/>

I've used SWIG with a simple C library I created myself.  This library
mainly consists of an open/close/send/recv API with many fields and
options, because it had to reflect an old, proprietary serial interface
protocol.

I also choose SWIG because my Python binding was purely meant to test
things and performance and/or elegance was no issue.  So I do not
know whether this is really the way to go for "serious" stuff, or
that SWIG is mainly meant for creating quick & easy bindings.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos@xxxxxx>
--    X/OS Experts in Open Systems BV   |   Office: +31 20 6938364

Back to the top