Re: [paho-dev] Python MQTT native vs. as binding

Hi Jos,

the answer is yes :-)

I wrote a Python binding a while ago, but when I first talked about it, a had a couple of comments about a pure Python client being more desirable, so I let it have a low profile.  I haven't touched it in a couple of years, so it might need updating.  You can find it in the test directory of project:

https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.c/tree/master/test/python

If there is interest, I can look into adding it to the project properly.  And obviously I would appreciate any contributions made in this area :-)

I haven't done any performance comparisons between Python and C implementations, so I can't comment to the size of the advantage, if any.

Ian