[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[paho-dev] Paho MQTT Rust Language Library
- From: Frank Pagliughi <fpagliughi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 00:08:16 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk12062016; d=mindspring.com; b=m1rAMpvSB1pstxPKyoFDfyj1GyUCrAL8sTWw5DPazlI7zltab8VDaFweuXUa0B43tntyCiA8IkFiMuIkxRTEh/jFIUWEP7I5e4YD+XYythjVMT6XkKub0y7bSoWltfwK7IZ6ud4sOE4iGRckJyBx4uSSdoL7A961NL161+l8iY5DrqbC4kum4FqVzc74HO99gJ202KeGSxzivyh09GDAQjbZLOsclX8CR4CWbT53xGwF49D4l7XHgD7Jot9A0Jf1v4sLgTr+UD1mpRWseuhUj9H5qIivhPpf4JfoKDvYLEPPNw9snOE8IHUYZZwYzhl5QF9vctmyi/q2zs96uzxZBg==; h=Received:To:From:Subject:Message-ID:Date:User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Language:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.4.0
I've started uploading some code for a new Paho Rust Language library at:
The code is initially going into an "incubator" branch to indicate that
it is highly unstable and will be changing quickly over the next few
weeks. It's a wrapper around the Paho C library, and the first version
will target the Paho 1.3 release for MQTT v3.1 and 3.1.1.
It's very early days, but the library can connect (via TCP or SSL/TLS),
publish, subscribe, and disconnect cleanly using an asynchronous
interface. I'm currently developing on Linux x86_64, but other platforms
that are supported by Rust and Paho C should be relatively
straightforward. At this point, the library sorely lacks error handling,
documentation, and stability.
I'm hoping to stabilize the API by the end of the year and release in
I'm a relative newcomer to Rust (as, apparently, are 97% or Rust users),
so am hoping to get advice and guidance on the API from others having
more experience with the language. But I also hope to keep it familiar
to existing Paho users.
So far, I'm fairly impressed with Rust. It looks like an interesting
language for some MQTT programming. Fast and safe.