[paho-dev] MQTT Version 5.0 Progress

1. The test broker has a substantial amount of function in it, with outstanding work listed in the issues

(https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.testing/issues)

You can use it to test any V5 client implementation against.

2. There is a simple unit test (client_test5.py) which can be used against a V5 broker implementation. I'll add more tests as more V5 features are added to the broker.

3. James has completed a Java client V5 packet library and is working on the rest. A design discussion is ongoing in the issues on the project.

4. I'll start work on the C client soon.

--
Ian Craggs
Paho Project Lead; Committer on Mosquitto

Back to the top