Re: [paho-dev] Retrying message sending in the Java implementation

The retry while a session is active behaviour was removed from MQTT 3.1.1 (versus MQTT 3.1).  In 3.1.1  the only time retries are attempted are at reconnection time.

In practice, I found that this behaviour caused more problems than it solved.  The usual reason for acks taking a long time would be an overloaded system, which retrying only exacerbated.

Ian