Re: [paho-dev] Paho Java MQTT Client Reconnect Problem

Does Mosquitto have any error in its log explaining why the client is being disconnected?

On 29/06/2017 03:44, Karthik Jayanthi wrote:
Hi,

We are trying to publish message with Qos 1, messages are being publish successfully but just after each publish client is getting connection lost callback (disconnecting) which was not there  in case of when we were using Qos 0.

If you could guide us if anything more configuration require while dealing with Qos  1 would be helpful. Our MQTT broker is vernemq. The same has been happening with Mosquitto as well. With a node.js client we did not see this connection lost coming in for either brokers. Tells us that, a configuration is missing in the code. Any help in fixing this will be really appreciated. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Below is the common configuration for both case.
MqttConnectOptions options = new MqttConnectOptions();
options.setUserName("ourusername");
options.setPassword("ourPassword");
options.setMqttVersion(MqttConnectOptions.MQTT_VERSION_3_1);
options.setAutomaticReconnect(false);
options.setCleanSession(false);
options.setKeepAliveInterval(900);
String tmpDir = System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir");
MqttDefaultFilePersistence dataStore = new MqttDefaultFilePersistence(tmpDir);
MqttClient client = new MqttClient(url,client_id,dataStore);
client.setTimeToWait(15000);
client.connect(options);

MqttMessage message = new MqttMessage(ourPayload);
message.setQos(1); //0 and 1 /* working fine in case of 0*/
client.publish(ourtopic,message);
PS: Had to repost this as no concrete reply on the earlier thread.
Thanks,
Karthik