[paho-dev] NPE thrown by MqttAndroidClient without any boject set to null

Hello all

I'm trying to develop a very simple Android app based upon MQTT.

Just from the beginning I started with an NPE thrown by MqttAndroidClient.publish(String topic, MqttMessage message) method.

This is the excerpt of the code where the NPE is thrown:

try {
MqttMessage msg = new MqttMessage("test".getBytes());
mqttAndroidClient.publish(publishTopic, msg);
} catch (Exception e) {
throw new RuntimeException(e);
}
I checked both mqttAndroidClient and msg and neither of them are null.

From the MQTT documentation MqttAndroidClient.publish() method is not supposed to throw a NPE.

What could be the reason for that?

Thanks

Sergio