Re: [paho-dev] Eclipse Paho 1.3 Release Plan

Hi Ian,

There aren't any service releases listed on [1] so I assumed none had
been made, that's all.

[1] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.paho

Cheers,

Roger

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Ian Craggs
<icraggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pierre, Roger,
>
> I've always made service releases for individual components whenever they
> were needed, not having a global Paho release for that.  Do you think we
> particularly need a Paho release as well?
>
> Ian
>

> On 02/27/2017 11:07 PM, Roger Light wrote:
>>
>> Hi Pierre,
>>
>> I don't think it is unreasonable to depend on Python 2.7.9 and 3.2.
>>
>> With regards a service release I think this is a good idea if there
>> are "enough" bugs that have fixes already made. I think having more
>> frequent service releases is something we should generally aspire to.
>>
>> Ian/James - is there any problem with making a Paho 1.2.1 service
>> release that at least includes the Python client, but that is open to
>> any of the other clients to join? I agree with Pierre that June is
>> quite a way off.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Roger
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Pierre Fersing
>> <pierre.fersing@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> On the Python side, the develop branch that hold new features does
>>> include
>>> one breaking change: it requires newer version of Python.
>>>
>>> I think the feature added (SNI support) needs to be released and worth a
>>> break change as it is waited by users.
>>>
>>> For the details, it will require Python 2.7.9+ or 3.2+ for the TLS/SSL
>>> support (instead of 2.7+/3.0+). Code without TLS are not affected.
>>>

>>> Also on the subject of release, the last Python client release is 8
>>> months
>>> old and there are few bug fixes that I would like to release before June.
>>> For this, we would need to do a service release 1.2.1 that would happen
>>> before June.
>>>
>>> Does those ideas look good to you ?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> PierreF
>>>

>>> Le 19/01/2017 à 16:56, Ian Craggs a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> you might have seen that we have outlined the next release of Eclipse
>>> Paho,
>>> 1.3, and aligned it with the next simultaneous release of Eclipse,