From:        "James Sutton1" <james.sutton@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        paho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        02/10/2017 09:09 AM
Subject:        [paho-dev] Minor breaking change to Android Service API - Feedback        / comments welcome
Sent by:        paho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

We've had a pull request on GitHub that removes a lot of unnecessary 'Throws' declarations from the API of the Android Service. These were left in a while ago and are fairly unnecessary  as the API is completely asynchronous and errors are exposed using callbacks.

The issue that arises is that developers who are using the Android service will have to remove all of the unnecessary try / catch blocks from their code, I suspect that this will actually be welcome as those try / catch blocks can never actually be called.

The Pull request is here: https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.android/pull/155

Does anybody have any issues with us accepting this change or can they see any serious issues that this could cause further down the line? It feels like something that will allow cleaner / more maintainable code for developers so seems like a win-win to me!

Kind regards,

James Sutton
Software Engineer - IoT Foundation - MQTT Open Source Projects
Ops Team - Wimbledon Project

Phone:01962 815438 | Extension:x372454
E-mail:
james.sutton@xxxxxxxxxx
Personal Website:
www.jsutton.co.uk
Find me on:

IBM

Hursley Park
Hursley, SO212JN
United Kingdom

IBM United Kingdom Limited Registered in England and Wales with number 741598 Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU
Unless stated otherwise above: