[paho-dev] Paho MQTT Client for Ruby

Dear all

My name is Yuichiro Shibata.
I am a project manager at Ruby Development, Inc.

In our company's project we needed to a Ruby library implementing a MQTT client.
A first version of the client is currently ready for usage.
https://github.com/RubyDevInc/paho.mqtt.ruby
https://rubygems.org/gems/paho-mqtt

Regarding the features that the client should own,
we have been inspired by the design of the multi-language paho library.

Among those features, the ruby client supports:
- MQTT v3.1
- MQTT v3.1.1
- Last Will Treatment
- Encryption through SSL/TLS
- Some persistence on messages
- Automatic reconnection
- Offline buffering
- Non-bloking and blocking API

As we noticed that the paho library do not have a ruby version,
we suggest to you the one that we developed.
We tried to make a fairly complete API but any comment or fixing is welcomed.

Your sincerely,
Yuichiro Shibata

Back to the top