[paho-dev] Changes to the Android Service API

Hi All,

I've discovered that the Android Service currently does not track subscription requests using tokens. Although MqttAndroidClient returns an IMqttToken when you make a subscription, it doesn't contain a delegate token from the actual subscription call (Like Publish currently does).

This causes a problem for anyone who wants to get the granted QoS of a subscription, if they attempt to call getGrantedQoS, a null pointer exception is thrown.

Although the fix is fairly straightforward, it will mean changing all subscribe methods in MqttService and MqttConnection to return IMqttToken instead of void.

Before I put this change through, I wanted to check with the community to see if they think that making this change will cause any unexpected problems for anyone?

If you think that changing the API could cause you or other users a problem, please let me know.

Kind regards,

James Sutton
Software Engineer - IoT Foundation - MQTT Open Source Projects
Ops Team - Wimbledon Project

Phone: 01962 815438 | Extension: x372454
E-mail:
Personal Website: www.jsutton.co.uk
Find me on:
IBM

Hursley Park
HursleySO212JN
United Kingdom

IBM United Kingdom Limited Registered in England and Wales with number 741598 Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU
Unless stated otherwise above: