[paho-dev] Project Lead election for James Sutton on Eclipse Paho

A project lead election for James Sutton on project Eclipse Paho (iot.paho)
was started by Ian Craggs with this criteria:

This is my third attempt to start the election process for James as Paho
co-project lead, I think I have it right this time!

A couple of months back, Andy Piper gave notice of his wish to step down as
Eclipse Paho Project co-lead, not because he is unenthusiastic about MQTT but
because he has moved onto other things.   I wish to thank Andy for all his
contributions to Paho.

To help me with the workload involved in running the Paho project, I would
like to nominate my colleague James Sutton as co-lead, to replace Andy.

Although very young (to my aging eyes!) James has shown a sense of
responsibility and ownership for the Paho software with which he has taken
on: the Java and Android clients, plus helping with various other components
when the need arises.  He was a significant help in the move of Paho to
Github, writing a script to copy issues, and helping Roger, myself and other
team members with the migration itself.

Paho isn't my only responsibility at work, so having James available to help
with project administration would be really valuable to me, and to the
continuing success of the project.   I think the position will also give
James valuable experience in the running of open source projects, which will
benefit him in the future.

Eclipse Paho project committers can click the election link below to vote.

Election:
https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.paho/elections/election-james-sutton-project-lead-eclipse-paho

Project: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.paho

Back to the top