Re: [paho-dev] Unable to confirm delivery without setting messageArrived callback

Hi Adrian,

that was a deliberate decision on my part.  If no messageArrived callback is set, then no incoming messages can be sent to the application.  This would cause the library a dilemma, so I felt it a good idea to insist on a messageArrived callback being implemented.

Also, I do know that some MQTT servers can send unsolicited messages to a client.

Ian