Re: [paho-dev] Proposal of James Sutton as Eclipse Paho Project co-Lead

+1 from me.

Greetings Jan Willem

Verzonden vanaf Samsung-tablet

Ian Craggs <icraggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef:
Hello all,

a couple of months back, Andy Piper gave notice of his wish to step down
as Eclipse Paho Project co-lead, not because he is unenthusiastic about
MQTT but because he has moved onto other things.   I wish to thank Andy
for all his contributions to Paho.

To help me with the workload involved in running the Paho project, I
would like to nominate my colleague James Sutton as co-lead, to replace
Andy.

Although very young (to my aging eyes!) James has shown a sense of
responsibility and ownership for the Paho software with which he has
taken on: the Java and Android clients, plus helping with various other
components when the need arises.  He was a significant help in the move
of Paho to Github, writing a script to copy issues, and helping Roger,
myself and other team members with the migration itself.

Paho isn't my only responsibility at work, so having James available to
help with project administration would be really valuable to me, and to
the continuing success of the project.   I think the position will also
give James valuable experience in the running of open source projects,
which will benefit him in the future.

If you approve of my nomination of James, please respond with a +1 to
this post.

Thanks!

--
Ian Craggs