Re: [paho-dev] Create Client

Hi,

there is no way in MQTT specifically to create a user with a userid and password.  Many MQTT servers will allow anonymous clients (with no username or password) to connect by default, but it does depend on how the server is set up.  The MQTT client id, however, is required to identify a client application.

You can connect to the test Mosquitto server at iot.eclipse.org with no username and password, for instance.  Creating usernames/passwords is an administrative task on the server.

Ian