Excuse my ignorance but is this the correct way to go about using these libs in a C++ project? There is no info in the C++ readme file.

Best,
Nay.

On 3 May 2016, at 10:33 PM, paho-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 17:14:32 +1000
From: Rene Christen <contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: paho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [paho-dev] Compiling static libs

Hi there,

This lib looks great. I need to use it as a static lib in a 64 bit windows and 64 bit OSX project. Is this possible?

I have not been able to compile it yet (trying OSX first). I checked out the cpp and c git hub repos. I set the path to the c header files with export PAHO_C_HEADERS=xxx. I was then getting errors that it couldn?t find malloc() so added these lines to the top of client_persistence.cpp:

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>

now when I run make I get:

ld: unknown option: -soname

Any advice? I?m not that savvy with makefiles.

Cheers,
Nay.

Back to the top