From: paho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:paho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ian Craggs
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2016 4:19 PM
To: paho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [paho-dev] RaspberryPi and mqtt

Hi,

that's because the first parameter of pahopub is the topic to publish on, and it's mandatory as it stands, so it's taking "--host" as the topic name.  I'll look into fixing that parsing.  If you use:

./a.out /test/abcd <publish_topic> --host iot.eclipse.org --port 1883

it should work, it does for me.

Ian