Re: [paho-dev] what's the purpose of WILLTOPICUPD, WILLMSGUPD ?

Hi Tomoaki,

yes, for this sort of transparent gateway, WILLTOPICUPD and WILLMSGUPD do not make much sense.  The only option I can think of is that the gateway stored that information for the next connect, but I don't think that's something we want to do.

For an aggregating gateway, like RSMB, it would make sense, because the firing of the will message is the responsiblity of the gateway.

For your implementation, I think it's fine for the gateway to return a not supported return code (0x03) for WILLTOPICUPD and WILLMSGUPD.

Ian