From: Sandro Kock <sandro.kock@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: paho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: General development discussions for paho project <paho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [paho-dev] Splitting Java and Android
Date: Mon, Feb 22, 2016 10:43 AM

Hi James,

I had the idea before to split the Android and Java code and think it would definitely help maintaining, reading and understanding the code.

Do I understand you correct that you would like to to include/ bundle a specific version of the MqttClient into the Android service? Yes I thing that is possible and if someone wants to test with a newer or old version they still could use

compule('org.eclipse.paho:org.eclipse.paho.android.service:1.0.2') {
    exclude module: 'org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3'
}
and then supply there own version of the mqttv3 client.

Keep up the good work,
Sandro