Re: [paho-dev] MQTT-SN to MQTT Gateway

Hi Ian

Yes I am.
I will propose the Transparent Gateway with MQTTPacket and MQTTSNPacket.

My gateway architecture outlook is attached.
If you can accept my architecture, I will convert < MQTT-Sn Message >  & < MQTT Message >  to MQTTSNPacket & MQTTPacket.

Hello Tomoaki,

are you the Tomoaki who has his own MQTT-SN client and gateway (https://github.com/ty4tw)?  Nice to hear from you!

I would like to have an MQTT-SN gateway which prioritizes being "transparent" but can be "aggregating" too (as the terms are used in the MQTT-SN specification).

I intend it to be portable in the same way as the existing embedded MQTT and MQTT-SN Paho clients are.  I realize that there are other gateways out there, including your own, but I wanted to have one which was based on the MQTTPacket and MQTTSNPacket code, similar in structure to the Paho embedded client so that they would make sense as a family.  In that way, I imagine they will be easier to maintain and more reliable that way.

My first immediate goal is to substantially finish the coding, getting the gateway working on Linux, before moving to ARM mbed, Arduino and other environments.  I'd welcome collaborating on the coding and testing.

(For anyone that's looking, the repository has now moved to Github: https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt-sn.embedded-c/tree/master/MQTTSNGateway)

Ian