Re: [paho-dev] Items for Paho Roadmap

I'm already using your MQTTSNPacket on the client side (atmega based platforms in the arduino vein currently, with some other clients planned), and it works lovely (thanks for writing it!), though there are some oddball things in there still which looks (to me) like it might be from an earlier version of the spec, but they don't get in the way. I've not gotten around to figuring out MQTTSNClient classes (in particular what the requirements for the Timer class are), but will probably adopt it when I start having my clients subscribe.

The problem is the gateway side when you want to pick up from something not IP, it gets kinda ugly. If the MQTT-SN broker supported the forwarding method (FE I think it is?), it would make writing a "get it off x, send on" super easy as it is essentially stateless. Or, as a second approach, if brokers like Mosquitto were more flexible about how you stuff frames into them, you could write something. But right now, with the tools I've been able to find, you seem to end up writing your own gateway, though at least the protocol parsing/serializing libs are getting pretty good.