Re: [paho-dev] Android MQTT service disconnection issue with QoS=1 and RabbitMQ server

Hi All,

we are working (well, mainly James Sutton is) to make the Android service more stable.  Any feedback on what needs to be addressed will be helpful.

We are also thinking that maybe a clean slate with the Android service might be a good option.  Keep the Java client base, but design a new Android layer above it (the old one would still exist of course).  What do you all think?

We're also wanting to add automatic reconnect and the ability to publish messages while disconnected.  As we want to add this in the base Java client, the Android service should be able to take advantage of that rather than duplicate the function.

Ian