Re: [paho-dev] regard about creating andriod mqtt client and also creating a simple publisher and subscriber using andriod

Hello,

the Android sample application is the best application that I know of as an example for Android, at the moment.  I'm not sure what instructions of James' that you're following, but these are some that he sent me for building the sample.

The most up to date code, including gradle build, is in the develop branch.  To get to that, I would use the commands:

git clone https://git.eclipse.org/r/paho/org.eclipse.paho.mqtt.java
cd org.eclipse.paho.mqtt.java
git checkout develop

and then use the following instructions.

Installing and opening the project

1. Download and install Android Studio (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html)
2. When Android studio opens, choose the "Open Project" Option and point it at the org.eclipse.paho.android.service directory inside the org.eclipse.paho.mqtt.java git repository.
3. Android Studio will then download any SDK dependencies required for the project, click yes for all prompts to download libraries / sdks / build tools etc...

Running the App

1. In the toolbar along the top of Android Studio, you should see a dropdown menu containing an option for "org.eclipse.paho.android.sample". Click the green arrow next to it.
2. A window will then appear asking what device to run the app on. If you have an android device plugged in with Developer tools turned on from the settings, it should show up. Otherwise you can use the tool to use an existing or create a new AVD (Android virtual device). Click OK and the app will run on the device / avd.