[paho-dev] Best Practices for Using PAHO Java client + android service in Android environment.

Hi,

I've been trying to implement a communication module for an Android application for some time now.
We have finally integrated the components together and we are pushing a message of ~2KB each second at most. They are of QoS-1 and the broker is a RabbitMQ.

But we haven't been able to get the client to work reliably, it's so slow and sometimes timeout exceptions occur and sometimes publish calls just gets called and nothing happen until we stop pushing further data and finally delivery confirmation messages for about 3-4 messages appear. and we find data not pushed on the cloud except for those few which the deliveries were acknowledged.

Also the re-connection in a possible link drop hardly succeed after successfully connected callback occur while we are producing data over bluetooth. It only succeeds if we shutdown the bluetooth link. Could this be a issue related to android os and hardware?

Somehow I'd like to hear the best recommendations to implement an asynchronous client for my data uploads (1msg/s is not a very high rate?) and further the plans for the future to handle the connection recovery on drops for the Paho project.

Thank you.
- Nowa.

Back to the top