[paho-dev] MQTT conformance tests independance

Hi,

I’m currently writing a MQTT broker implementation using Python async I/O: HBMQTT [1].
I’m using paho conformance test program is order to test it, especially conformance with MQTT spec. Current status is available here [2]. As you can see, some tests are failing and it’s very hard to know why and debugging when all tests are running in sequence. Therefore, in order to fix Offline message queueing test, I’ve modified client_test.py as follow (line 417) in order to only run offline message queuing tests :

tests = [offline_message_queueing_test]
#tests = [basic_test, retained_message_test, offline_message_queueing_test, will_message_test,
#         overlapping_subscriptions_test, keepalive_test, redelivery_on_reconnect_test]

When doing this, the test succeed, while it fails when ran with the whole test suite.

So I wonder if it’s a bug in the test suite (tests are not independent), or if it’s mandatory to run all the tests in sequence ?

Back to the top