[paho-dev] Paho News May 2015

Some Paho news...

1) The FreeRTOS work is progressing nicely. I have the embedded client (MQTTClient-C) working using the FreeRTOS TCP stack, and am working through the best implementation with Richard Barry (FreeRTOS creator). This has made me think about the best approach for the yield() function, or background threading for . I'll post a separate mail about that.

2) I updated the embedded client web pages to reflect what we have now. https://www.eclipse.org/paho/clients/c/embedded/ Feedback encouraged!

3) I've added first pass code for per-subscription message handling in the Java client to the development branch. I realized that this function could be useful for device management, amongst other things.

4) With the completion of paperwork, Frank Pagliughi is close to becoming a committer, responsible for the full-fat C++ client, and then for a D client in the Paho incubator project.

5) Kamil's contribution of mqtt-spy to the incubator project is still proceeding through the approval process.

To release a new version of Paho (1.2) along with Eclipse Mars, as planned, on June 26th, we'll need to finalize any code updates within 3 weeks of that date, to allow the IP log and release to be approved. That's just over two weeks.

--
Ian Craggs
Paho Project Lead; Committer on Mosquitto

Back to the top