[paho-dev] Python Paho with ssl disconnects and never reconnects

Hi. I've been using paho to send messages from a stranded device with a 3g connection. The connection is relatively stable, but not that good, meaning that there are casual disconnects. Most of the times there is no problem, but sometimes the application doesn't reconnect, although it keeps sending messages, thinking that it is still connected.

I'm using RabbitMQ with the mqtt-plugin as broker; I can see in the logs ``ssl_upgrade_error,timeout``. There is no message in the application logs about it losing connections and it doesn't seem to care that there is no PUBACK message, even if I'm using QOS level 1. It reconnects after a restart.

Back to the top