Re: [paho-dev] Paho Client for Embedded C

Hi Praveen,

I might be missing it but I don't see a link in your mail.  Is this the client library you mean?

http://git.eclipse.org/c/paho/org.eclipse.paho.mqtt.embedded-c.git/tree/MQTTClient-C

If so, I am looking at that code right now.  I think that it is probably missing the function to redeliver messages on reconnection, and I'll be looking to add that in.  I do have some questions which would help me understand what is needed:

1) do you absolutely need C rather than C++? (mbed, for instance uses C++)

2) what OS/network interface are you using?  That's not essential to know but is interesting/useful.

3) what QoS are you using (1 or 2?).  QoS 0 messages are not redelivered.

4) none of the embedded client libraries currently store undelivered messages into a persistent store as yet.  I was waiting for someone to ask before contemplating doing do, in the interests of not adding function that no-one uses.  I am interested in adding that in.

I'm happy to have a phone call to discuss.  I'll send an email directly.

Ian