[paho-dev] Documentation regarding the asynchronous and the (not so) asynchronous API

Hi,

recently I have found out that there are two versions of the
documentation for Eclipse Paho available:
  * http://www.eclipse.org/paho/files/mqttdoc/Cclient/index.html and
  * http://www.eclipse.org/paho/files/mqttdoc/Casync/index.html

Both pages mention examples for asynchronous usage of the library, but
the data structures used and functions called are different.

Would it make sense to restructure the documentation in a way that it
is more obvious for users what possibilities (synchronous,
asynchronous with synchronous data structures and asynchronous) there
are?

In my case I wanted to use the asynchronous function calls, but the
example for asynchronous usage on the "MQTT Client library for C" page
(actually describing synchronous usage) is not completely asynchronous
as at least MQTTClient_connect might block in case the MQTT broker is
not accessible.

Regards,
  Rainer

Back to the top