Re: [paho-dev] Eclipse Foundation Contributor License Agreement

Hi Bernard,

I remember reading an answer to this question, but I couldn't find it in a quick search, and it's not in the CLA FAQ https://www.eclipse.org/legal/clafaq.php.

The answer I remember is that yes, you need to mention your employer.  Some employment contracts will at least attempt to take ownership of work done in the employee's own time, if the employer is in the same business.  If the employer's business is totally unrelated to software development then this might seem like overkill.

The reason that the Eclipse Foundation goes this far is to make sure that all code released is squeaky clean, license wise.  This means that any person or organization can confidently use Eclipse software without fear of legal repercussions.

Ian